Dijon: Half-Day Wine and Cheese Tour of Burgundy
From $72 per personBook now
- Enjoy a private wine tasting in a vaulted cellar and visit a family wine estate
- Visit the wine village of Gevrey-Chambertin to experience the King of Burgundy Wines
- Taste fine chocolates or local cheeses
- Learn about the prestigious wines of Burgundy's Grand Cru wine route
- Drive past medieval villages, Roman churches, and historic abbeys
You will be in the hands of an expert sommelier, wine collector and producer, traveling along scenic roads that take you past the vineyards and rural villages of the Grand Cru wine route. See the vineyards of famous appellations, such as Romanée Conti, Clos de Vougeot, Chambertin, and Montrachet, passing abbeys, castles, and Roman churches along the way.
Learn the history of wine production in the area, as well as the wine making techniques of today, from pruning the vines, to ageing the wine in oak barrels, and the secrets of the terroir (soil). Stop to taste 4-7 wines in each cellar you visit, including Pinot Noirs and white wines.
Your sommelier will teach you how to pair Burgundy wines with local cheeses and chocolates, and provide other food and wine suggestions. You will also visit the wine village of Gevrey-Chambertin in the Côte de Nuits. Noted for its Grand Cru wine production, Gevrey-Chambertin is often referred to as the “King of Burgundy Wines.”
- English-speaking wine expert
- Wine tasting
Meet at Maison Divia, 16 Place Darcy, 21000, Dijon November - March: Departure at 14:00, return about 17:00 April - October: Departure at 09:30, return about 12:30 (Open in Google Maps)
April - October: Departure at 09:30, return about 12:30
Product ID: 44521