Watch the sun rise from the top of Mt. Batur on an 11-hour hike and coffee plantation tour of Bali. Enjoy breakfast with views of the volcano, and peer into its crater at the summit. Stop at a traditional coffee plant to taste some Balinese coffee.
What to Expect
Enjoy an early morning tour to Mt. Batur, and experience the majesty of the active volcano and its surrounding landscape at the first light of day.
Following a pick-up from your hotel at approximately 02:00, transfer to Mt. Batur on an approximate 1.5-hour drive. Upon arrival at the start point of your hike, you will be welcomed by a local hiking guide. They will issue you with some security data and a flash light to use during your walk.
Then, take a 2-hour hike to the summit of the volcano, reaching the top in time to experience the beauty of the dawn. Your trekking guide will serve a breakfast of bread, bubbled egg and hot tea as you watch the sunrise from the top of Mt. Batur. After breakfast, take some souvenir photos before walking to 2 craters on the mountain. Peer into the mouth of an active volcano, before hiking back down the mountain.
On route back to your hotel, stop at a traditional Balinese coffee processing plant to see various tropical plantations. Learn how to make Balinese coffee using traditional methods, and taste some of the local produce, including herbal teas, chocolate, coffee and the unusual and expensive Luwak coffee from Bali (the most expensive coffee in the world).
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Morning breakfast tea
- Local guide
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
Know Before You Go
• This tour is not recommended for those with back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
• This tour is not recommended for pregnant women
• The tour involves a moderate amount of walking and is subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
• Please bring hiking shoes, a jacket, long pants, insect repellent, and your camera