Bali: VW Kombi Cocktail Safari
From $59 per personBook now
- Visit a collection of the best beaches and beach bars in all of Bali, if not all of Southeast Asia
- Sample signature cocktails made by top chefs and mixologists at luxurious seaside restaurants and resorts along the southwestern Bali coast
- Travel past stunning protected rice terraces and dramatic cliffsides that fall into the ocean — perfect photo ops are everywhere
- Visit an ancient fertility temple that stands on a remote rock in the ocean and is seldom visited by tourists
- Let your inner hipster fly by cruising around in a modified 1980 VW Kombi, complete with wifi and mini bar
Sufficiently hydrated, you’ll travel through some of the area’s nearby beach villages as you head toward the stunning 17th-century temple of Pura Batu Ngaus, a fertility temple perched on a rock in the ocean. The Balinese come here to seek medicine or fertility blessings from the mangku, or priest, and leave offerings in a most unusual way: in a blowhole in the rock that connects to the ocean via an underwater cave. This temple is far off the tourist track, feeling a world away from the crowds that swarm Bali’s more famous sites. Along the way to Pura Batu Ngaus, you’ll pass scenes of government-protected rice terraces and catch glimpses of the sea and the far-off cliffs of Uluwatu — keep your camera close by for those classic Bali shots!
Thirsty again? And hungry? Good! Because up next, your Bali tour will take you to a restaurant and bar set on 6,000 square meters of lawn, overlooking the ocean. You’ll enjoy tapas and sangria at this gorgeous setting that’s part of a boutique art hotel dedicated to maintaining Balinese traditions. Sip one of three amazing sangria varieties (or try all three — you won’t be judge!) while lazing about in the late afternoon sun.
Next, you leave the northern beaches behind and head south, passing by rice fields and through small streets crammed with antiques and collectibles. You will cross to what was once another island, now home to a fishing village and the largest seafood market in Bali, where fishermen hunt for squid in the deep waters of the Indian Ocean. You’ll stop to watch the sunset in Jimbaran Bay, at what is possibly Bali’s best beach club. The cocktail menu here is almost as spectacular as the Bali sunset — try a vanilla margarita, Foxtrot Gimlet, or frozen apple martini.
Finish your Bali tour with a nightcap at the iconic Ku De Ta bar at Seminyak Beach, a long-standing hot spot that’s considered to be one of the best beach clubs in Southeast Asia. You are recommend the espresso martini — perfect for revving you up for a night out on the town after your tour ends!
- Local English-speaking guide
- Mineral water
- Temple entrance
- Drinks and meals at bars and restaurants
Meeting points are at the front desk of the following resorts (unless otherwise indicated): 10:45 at Ka Bar @ Bali Garden Resort Jl Kartika South Kuta 11:10 at Magani Resort Jl Melasti Legian 11:45 at Ku De Ta Jl Oberoi (laksmana) Seminyak
• Children under the age of 15 years inclusively. Children can only travel on this tour if they are travelling as part of a family group and are taking the vehicle exclusively.
Product ID: 49611