Visit the birthplace and the crucifixion site of Jesus on a 2-day tour of Jerusalem and Bethlehem. Then, relax in the mineral rich waters of the Dead Sea, the lowest point on earth. See the Wailing Wall, Via Dolorosa, Church of the Nativity, and more.
What to Expect
Explore some of the most important biblical sites on this spiritual and historical 2-day tour of Jerusalem, Bethlehem, and the Dead Sea. Overnight in one of the most holy cities in the world, and then drive across the arid Judean Desert to the lowest place on earth to enjoy a full-day of relaxation at the Dead Sea.
Day 1: Jerusalem - Bethlehem
Start your tour with a panoramic overview from the Mount of Olives, gazing down at the new city of Jerusalem and the Temple Mount Esplanade of the Old City. As you travel along the Kidron Valley, take in views of the Garden of Gethsemane, and the walls of Jerusalem.
Enter the Armenian Quarter at the Western Wall (Wailing Wall) via the local bazaar. You will then continue to the Christian Quarter and Stations of the Cross, also known as the Via Dolorosa. Visit the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, considered to be the site of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. Walk along the 1,700-year-old Byzantine Cardo, to the renovated Jewish Quarter.
Transfer to Bethlehem with a Palestinian guide and vehicle. Identified as the City of David in Jewish texts, and the birthplace of Jesus in the New Testament, the West Bank city is an essential site of pilgrimage. The drive is by way of the Nativity Circle, and on arrival you will visit the Church of the Nativity, considered to be the oldest continuously operating Christian church in the world.
See the cave where Jesus was born, and rest on benches of Naqab marble at Manger Square. Get views of the Shepherds’ Fields, where the shepherds saw the Star of Nativity. And go to the fertile fields of Beit Sahour, site of a Greek Orthodox church and Roman Catholic chapel.
Return to Jerusalem for your overnight stay.
Day 2: Dead Sea
Depart Jerusalem and descend through the Judean Desert to the lowest place on earth. You will drive via the Inn of the Good Samaritan, and enjoy views of Jericho, one of the world’s oldest cities.
Upon arrival at the mineral rich waters of the Dead Sea, relax at one of the resorts and enjoy the unique experience of floating on your back in the salty sea, and rubbing therapeutic Dead Sea mud into your body. On your return drive to Jerusalem, you will make one last biblical gesture, passing Qumran Cave, where the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered.
- Entry fees
- Professional guide
- Transportation by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Accommodation in a double room at a 3-star hotel (per person on a bed and breakfast basis)
What's Not Included
- Food and drink (except one breakfast)
- Natural treatments and massage
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• 5-star hotel available for an additional USD 70 per person
• On Fridays, Saturdays, and Jewish Holidays, when the Holocaust Museum is closed, the tour will include a visit to the Church of All Nations at the Garden of Gethsemane, and to King David's Tomb and the Hall of the Last Supper on Mount Zion
• Recommended: hats, bathing suit, towels, sun protection, beach thongs
• Modest dress is required for holy places
• Tour is not suitable for children under the age of 4