5. Darwin: Guided Gourmet Food and Street Art Walking Tour
Let your taste buds explore the rich culinary heritage of Darwin on a guided gourmet dinner tour. Taste local ingredients and Aboriginal bush foods, guaranteed to give a great introduction to any foodie. As you walk, admire the unbelievable street art, with detailed portraits and colorful murals.
Sample from a roster of restaurants that rotate between top spots and see cultural and historic landmarks. As you take in Darwin’s fabulous street art, experience the augmented reality that brings the artwork to life.
As for the menu, try at least 12 different types of dishes that are only sourced by local distributors and feature Aboriginal bush foods. Some dishes included are:
• Paperbark-smoked barramundi with roasted bush tomato salsa and local beer damper bruschetta
• Gin-cured Spanish mackerel, radish, herbs, grapefruit, mango vinaigrette
• Buffalo carpaccio with river mint salsa verde, pickled Spanish onion and taro
• Slow cooked pork belly with charred leak, saffron infused pear with a chilli ginger Kakadu plum caramel, topped with wattle seed and peanut crumble
• Green papaya salad
• Berber spiced kangaroo with tomato jam
• Whole chargrilled gold band snapper with cashew sauce
• Barramundi fillets in turmeric, lemongrass, fresh curry leaves, coconut
• Char grilled beef in local betel leaf
• Garlic mango prawn beetroot salad
• Salt and pepper marinated crocodile
• Garlic kai lan
• Native pepperberry loaf with saltbush spiced dukkah
• Kangaroo fillet, lemon myrtle, beetroot relish, yogurt mousse and dukkah crumb
• Chargrilled NT banana prawns
• Eggplant with a sweet and sour dressing
• Black rice brulee, pandan-infused custard with black rice, brown sugar crumble and sesame meringue
• Mango vanilla bean cheesecake, rosella and strawberry gum coulis, toasted coconut
Enjoy an amazing time of great food, culture, and art.