Discover the scenic beauty of Litchfield National Park on a full-day tour from Darwin. Marvel at a landscape of waterfalls, monsoon rainforest, bush trails, and swimming holes. See the Magnetic and Cathedral Termite Mounds and enjoy a barbecue lunch.
What to Expect
Spend the day in the magnificent landscapes of Litchfield National Park on a full-day sightseeing tour from Darwin. Following a pick-up from your accommodation at approximately 07:00, travel towards Litchfield National Park, named after the Northern Territory pioneer Frederick Henry Litchfield.
Admire the natural phenomena of the Magnetic and Cathedral Termite Mounds. Built by termites, the amazing mounds are formed of arches, tunnels, and chimneys, and can stand as high as 6 meters tall. Enjoy close-up views of the insect habitats and amazing feat of nature.
Once inside the park, go to some of the waterfalls and spring-fed streams. Journey through rugged sandstone escarpments. Swim and hike around the double-plunge waterfall of Florence Fall. If weather permits, go to Wangi Falls, a segmented waterfall on Wangi Creek. Note that Wangi Falls can close during the tropical wet season and will be substituted during this time.
Enjoy a tasty barbecue lunch inside the park and discover the many rock holes and cascades of Buley Rockhole. Then transfer back to Darwin for an early evening drop off at your accommodation.
- Transportation by air-conditioned minibus
- Barbecue lunch
• No refund is given for cancellations within 7 days of travel. Cancellations 8-13 days before the tour will be refunded 25%. Cancellations 14-30 days before travel will be refunded 50%
Know Before You Go
• Please bring a wide-brimmed hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, a water bottle (1.5 liters), walking shoes/boots, your swim wear, a towel and your camera
• Please note that the itinerary is subject to change for cultural reasons, seasonal changes, operational logistics and accessibility
• The safari is not suitable for children under 8 years old