Visit St. Catherine's Monastery, the oldest working monastery in the world. Watch the sun rise from Mount Sinai, visit the sites of the Burning Bush and reception of the Ten Commandments, as you spend the day exploring the past.
What to Expect
Visit this incredible monastery, the grounds of the "Burning Bush." Immerse yourself in history at Mount Sinai, the place where Moses received the Ten Commandments. Today, you can relive the past through religion and feel the presence of legends before you at the oldest working Christian monastery in the world.
The voyage begins at midnight. You'll travel for 2 hours to St. Catherine's Monastery and Mount Sinai. At about 2:00 in the morning, you start to scale the mountain. From the top, guests can enjoy spectacular views of the stars while they wait for the sunrise. After seeing dawn break from the mountain top, descend the craggy slopes to visit the monastery with your knowledgeable guide.
The experience is capped off by a visit to St. Catherine's Monastery, then breakfast in St. Catherine’s village. The return to Dahab will be between 21:00 and 23:00.
- Entrance fee
- Transportation in A/C minibus
- Guides (seperate guides for the monastery and the mountain)
- Breakfast or lunch
Know Before You Go
• Please bring: your passport, good hiking shoes, warm clothes, long trousers, sunglasses and sun lotion, drinking water, snacks/food (day trip), money for souvenirs/camel ride, camera
• The monastery closes every Sunday and is open from 10.30-11.30 on Fridays. Other days the monastery is open from 9 am until noon.
• The monastery is closed during Christian Orthodox holidays.
• Please check with us for availability of the trip.
• Please specify in your booking which option you would like to take.