d'Arenberg: Dead Arm Shiraz Masterclass & Cheese Plate
- Taste 6 vintages of the flagship shiraz
- Enjoy a self-guided tour of the d'Arenberg Cube Alternate Realties Museum
- Learn the ins and outs of what goes into making the Dead Arm Shiraz
- Savour your very own cheese tasting plate
The building has the optical illusion of floating in a vineyard, each level with spectacular views over-looking the rolling hills of Willunga. Inside, find a cellar door, a fine dining restaurant, and numerous artworks and features throughout curated by chief winemaker and fourth generation family member, Chester Osborn.
Your experience begins in the Alternate Realties Museum on the ground floor of the d’Arenberg cube, where a self-guided exploration will take you through a space filled with wall to wall art installations designed to excite and awaken your senses. All tours are assisted by the d’Arenberg smartphone application "The Alternate Realities Museum" – advance downloads recommended. Entry to the museum is free of charge for all guests with a pre-booked experience, just let the concierge know your reservation number on arrival.
Once you’ve explored the museum, proceed to meet your host on Level 4 of the d’Arenberg cube who will take you through to your booked experience.
Since its release in 1993 The Dead Arm Shiraz has received hundreds of accolades from wine critics and judges all over the world.
This vertical masterclass offers the opportunity to delve into the history of this outstanding wine, whilst being skilfully guided through each back-vintage sample, matched to a cheese tasting plate.
At the conclusion of the masterclass you receive a current vintage bottle of The Dead Arm Shiraz, presented in a premium gift box.
- 2 hour masterclass
- Self-guided tour of the d'Arenberg Cube Alternate Realities Museum
- Current vintage bottle of 'The Dead Arm' Shiraz signed by the winemaker
- Cheese tasting plate
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
• There is a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 6 participants per class