Discover the Sacred Valley of the Incas and learn about their civilization on a full-day guided excursion from Cusco. Shop for handicrafts in Pisac, stop to enjoy lunch in Urubamba, and explore the Ollantaytambo fortress and the Inca temple hill ruins.
What to Expect
You’ll be picked up at your hotel and head out with an international group of travelers to the Sacred Land of the Incas. In the Urubamba Valley, visit the village of Pisac, where you’ll have the opportunity to meet local people and later buy unique handicrafts.
The full-day tour continues to Urubamba, where you’ll stop to enjoy a typical Peruvian lunch in the shadows of the snow-capped mountain of Ch'iqun.
After lunch the tour continues to the fortress of Ollantaytambo, a site of agricultural importance in the days of the Tahuantinsuyo empire, and the former royal estate of Emperor Pachacuti. See the Inca temple hill ruins, the monolithic walls, and the fountains facing the terraced hills.
You’ll visit Chincheros and then have the option of returning to Cusco or finishing the tour in Ollantaytambo.
- Full-day group tour
- Bilingual Spanish/English guide
- Buffet lunch (typical Peruvian menu)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
What's Not Included
- Entrance to the Sacred Valley
Know Before You Go
• This tour begins in Cusco.
• Be sure to bring your original passport.
• Bring a small backpack for sunblock, a hat, sunglasses, and personal belongings.
• The tour is non-refundable once confirmed.