This full-day Rainbow Mountain and Red Valley hike is for people who want to see the spectacular colorful landscapes surrounding Ausangate Mountain. During the day tour you will have opportunities at different lookouts to stop and take amazing pictures.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 10 - 12 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, Spanish
- Pickup included
- Pick-up available at downtown hotels in Cusco. Please indicate if you are staying at a private accommodation (with address and phone number), you will then be provided with a meeting point close by. Our guide or transfer can take 10-15 minutes to find your place.
- Private group available
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Hiking shoes
- Rain gear
- Travel insurance
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Pickup service is included. It can take 30 to 45 minutes to pick up the group. If you are one of the first ones to be picked up, it might take some time to collect the entire group
- Climb 1.9 miles (3.5 km) to reach the top of Rainbow Mountain
- Bring an extra warm sweater, jacket, hat, and gloves
- If for any reason you need to rent a horse, the local partner doesn't manage these rentals and won't be involved in the process
- Sunglasses are mandatory to use throughout the hike
- The local partner is not responsible for the change of weather conditions; choose the best day of departure based on research
- The dirt road is not in the best conditions; the drive can produce altitude sickness. It's recommended to bring personal medicine or altitude pills
- Everyone walks at different speeds. The guide will be in different parts assisting the group
- During your trip, extra expenses like entrance fees, water, souvenir and others are only available to pay with cash and Peruvian soles