Explore Humantay Lake located north of Cusco, just behind the legendary snow mountain Apu Salkantay. This Humantay Lake day trip is the best way to enjoy the landscape of the region from the beautiful lake to the snowy mountains.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 1 day
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, Spanish
- Pickup included
- Pick-up available at downtown hotels in Cusco. Please indicate if you are staying at a private accommodation (with address and phone number), you will then be provided with a meeting point close by.
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
- Comfortable clothes
Know before you go
- You will need to climb 1.8 miles (3km) to reach the top of Humantay Lake; all participants should be in relatively good physical condition
- Bring an extra warm sweater, jacket, hat, and gloves as the first few hours of the tour will be very cool
- If for any reason you need to rent horse, please know that the local partner does not manage these rentals and will not be involved in the process
- The local partner cannot be held responsible for the change of weather conditions during your tour; it is recommended to learn more about weather conditions via apps or any other method and then to choose the best day of departure based on that research.