Swim and snorkel with amazing manatees at a stunning wildlife refuge in Crystal River. Explore the natural springs aboard a covered pontoon boat and get up close to the friendly sea cows.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Small group
- Limited to 10 participants
Select participants and date
Meet us at River Ventures Tour Center.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Unaccompanied minors
Know before you go
- Children must be at least 3 years old to take part on group tours. Younger babies are allowed on a private tour
- Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult. Very young children must be calm and quiet in order to not scare the animals
- Children should be comfortable in the water and parents should stay close at all times for their safety
- Wetsuits are available in all sizes and there are snorkel vests and flotation noodles if kids need assistance staying at the surface without swimming
- It is important to have realistic expectations for a wild animal encounter. In the cooler weather the animals migrate to the area and congregate in the warm springs. When the weather warms they can move about. These are wild animals and their migration cannot be controlled. Early mornings are the best time to find the animals and the best chance of seeing them is near the springs. Cold weather means many manatees, and warmer weather means fewer manatees