Float over the volcanic area of La Garrotxa on a 5-hour hot air balloon tour, with sparkling Cava, a country breakfast in a restaurant exclusive to tour participants, and more. See how the volcanoes have shaped the landscape from a bird’s eye perspective.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Catalan, Spanish, English, French
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
The meeting point is near the medieval town of Santa Pau. Parking is available for customers. To get to the meeting point: From Girona Airport - Drive on the AP7 north (Girona, France). Leave the AP7 at exit 6 and join the C66 (Banyoles, Olot). From Olot take the C 524 to Santa Pau. The launch site is about 3 miles (5 kilometers) drive on the left From Barcelona - Drive north on the AP7 and join the C17 north to Vic. North of Vic take exit 69 joining the C37 (Manlleu, Olot and Torello). Continue through a series of tunnels that finish in the Vall d’En Bas. At the roundabout take the 3rd exit to Olot, and then take the C 524 to Santa Pau. The launch site is about 3 miles (5 kilometers) drive on the left Girona Train Station and Girona Airport is about a 45 minute drive Figueres TGV Station is an approximate 30 minutes drive Barcelona Airport is about a 1.5-hour drive There is a public bus stop in OlotOpen in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Please wear comfortable footwear
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women, or children under 5 years old
- Baskets adapted for people with reduced mobility are available, including 3 door baskets for seniors, or those in wheelchairs. Disabled parking places are also provided
- This activity is subject to weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or a refund
- Flights operate every day (weekdays and weekends)
- The full activity lasts about 5 hours, with a 1.5-hour balloon flight
- Please note that the balloon trip starts early in the morning and ends around noon. The exact time is set according to the flying season