Copenhagen: Roskilde, Frederiksborg & Kronborg Day TourProduct ID: 38371
From US$136.90 per personBook now
Pick-up serviceFree pick-up from hotels in Copenhagen available on request. Please contact vendor after booking
- Delve into the history of Denmark on a scenic tour of royal castles and Viking ships
- Soak up the romantic setting of Frederiksborg Castle in Hillerød
- Visit Shakespeare's Elsinore at Kronborg Castle
- See the burial sites of Danish kings and queens at Roskilde Cathedral
- Discover old Viking ships and reconstructed models at the Viking Ship Museum
Ideal for those who want to explore further than the city center to see as much as possible of historic Denmark, but are short of time, you will travel in a small group for a more personalized experience.
The tour includes time to explore the imposing exteriors and interiors of Frederiksborg and Kronborg castles, the latter set on the banks of the Sund between Denmark and Sweden, and most notable as the site of Elsinore in Shakespeare’s “Hamlet.” Soak up the romantic setting of Frederiksborg Castle in Hillerød, surrounded by a beautiful lake and gardens.
He will take you to Roskilde to visit Roskilde Cathedral, burial site of 39 Danish kings and queens, including Ingrid of Sweden, spouse of Denmark’s Frederick IX, father of the current Queen Margrethe II.
The last stop on your tour will be the Viking Ship Museum to see rebuilt models and excavated ships from the days when the Vikings rampaged their way - and conquered - much of Western Europe and the North Atlantic.
- Pick-up and drop off at your Copenhagen hotel (if requested. Please contact the local supplier)
- Entrance fees
- Information brochure
- Knowledgeable driver, who will tell you all you need to know about the sites and history of Denmark
- Lunch (organized at a very nice, but inexpensive, café where you order your own food)
Meet at the bus stands on Hans Christian Andersens Boulevard, across from City Hall on the Tivoli side of the road. Look for a small white bus (Open in Google Maps)
The tours are done in small groups (maximum 16 people). They are semi-guided meaning that the guide will drive you to each site and provide all the background information that you need. He will walk you around Roskilde Cathedral. At the other sites you walk around at your own pace. Audio guides are available and you can, of course, ask the driver any questions you like. All drivers are young local academics with a very solid knowledge of the country and its history as well as the details of the sites.
Product ID: 38371