Copenhagen: Nørrebro Now Half-Day Tour
From $76 per personBook now
- Experience the effortless cool of Copenhagen's Nørrebro district
- Discover where the local celebrity chefs go to eat and for their midnight snacks
- Find some of Copenhagen's best independent design stores with the help of a local guide
- Sample a Danish beer at the Mikkeller Bar
- Meet the locals and learn how they live in the most livable city
- Learn about Copenhagen's commitment to green spaces and urban planning
- Get insider tips on the best bars, restaurants and cafés
Meet your guide at the Dronning Louises Bridge that connects the inner city and Nørrebro. Thousands of pedestrians and cyclists cross the bridge daily, making it one of the busiest bike lanes in the world. Experience its park-like atmosphere and great example of urban planning.
Learn why Copenhagen is the world’s most livable city. Stop at the largest green courtyard in Nørrebro, and hear how life has changed in what used to be one of the poorest parts of the city. Discover how local activists and clever policies have helped to reinvent the area.
Exit the courtyard at Blaagaards Plads, and continue to Assistens Cemetery, founded outside the city walls in 1760. Walk through the cemetery to see the burial sites of some of the most famous Danes. Next, visit a local bread shop to taste some of the produce and learn about their unique baking philosophy.
Stroll through Nørrebro Park to discover a huge playground for the locals. Head to lively Jægersborggade to window shop the independent design stores. Find some of the city’s most exciting restaurants, from a Michelin star spot to the kebab shop where many of the city’s celeb chefs go for a midnight snack. Taste some of the local offerings, including a well-deserved beer at the Mikkeller Bar.
Continue to Superkilen Park, designed by Copenhagen’s Bjarke Ingels. Get the inside story about the different elements of the space, and learn how they play into Nørrebro’s modern history. Walk through a residential neighborhood en route to one of Copenhagen’s best-kept secrets: a small, unpretentious eatery. Grab a refreshment to experience the epitome of Nørrebro quirk, and that hard-to-definehygge feeling.
The tour ends here, but your guide will be happy to share some dinner recommendations - there are many excellent places just around the corner!
- Local English-speaking guide
- Pastry or bread
- One beer
- Additional food and drink
- Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- Post-tour dinner
- Tips and gratuities for the guide
Meet at Dronning Louises Bridge, Copenhagen, at the corner of the bridge and Øster Søgade (when looking away from the inner city, the meeting point is in front of the Tiberen statue)
Product ID: 53843