Reach new heights and enjoy panoramic views over the Coromandel Peninsula with a 30-minute scenic flight departing from Whitianga.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Valid 1 day
- Instant confirmation
- Host or greeter
- Small group
- Limited to 10 participants
- Soaring over the coast with stunning views of the Great Mercury Islands and Opito Bay
- Fly over white-sand beaches and high clifftops
- Discover bays and coves only visible by plane or boat
- Admire breathtaking views of Hot Water Beach and Cathedral Cove
Discover the Coromandel Peninsula from a unique aerial perspective with a scenic flight over Mercury Bay. Departing from the coastal town of Whitianga, head north to Matarangi, Whangapoua, and New Chums Beach.
Travel along the coast with stunning views of the Great Mercury Islands, Opito Bay, and Great Barrier in the distance. Fly over white-sand beaches, high clifftops, as well as secluded bays and coves only visible by plane or boat.
From there, continue down the coast to Hahei and Hot Water Beach. Finally arrive at the critically-acclaimed Cathedral Cove and fly over Cooks Beach before heading back to Whitianga.
- 30-minute flight
- All required protective equipment is provided
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must fill out a travel information form
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meet your captain in the Aero Club Office Building at Whitianga Airport, next door to the cafe.Open in Google Maps ⟶