From Porto: Fátima and Coimbra Private Full Day Tour
Pickup includedYour Hotel
- Take a trip to Fátima and visit the world famous pilgrimage site
- See the Our Lady of Fatima Basilica built in honor of Mary's apparitions
- Explore the beauty of Coimbra, one of Europe's oldest university cities
Cross the river to visit the Santa Clara Convent and the Quinta das Lágrimas (Estate of Tears), and let your guide tell you the tragic and somewhat macabre legend of star-crossed royal lovers that gave the grand house its name. Take a break for lunch at one of the traditional taverns in the city center before getting on the road again.
Drive on to Fátima where it is said that the Virgin Mary (Our Lady of Fátima) appeared to three shepherd children in 1917. Visit the basilica where the three children, Francisco, Jacinta Marto, and Lúcia are buried, the Igreja da Santíssima Trindade (Church of the Holy Trinity) with its inventive modern architecture, and the largest Catholic sanctuary in Portugal.
Continue your tour of the holy site with stops at the Capela das Aparições (Chapel of Apparitions), a small temple requested by Our Lady of Fátima during her appearance, and Azinheira Grande, the tree that Jacinta, Lúcia, and Francisco passed before seeing the saint.
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Private tour