Visit Chichen Itza, Coba and Ik Kil Cenote on this tour in the Mayan Riviera. See amazing archaeological sites and views while learning about the history of these places.
What to Expect
Enjoy a visit to Chichen Itza after hotel pick-up in Cancun. You will visit the main building called Kukulkan Castle, known as The Pyramid. Learn about the architectural, mathematical and engineering knowledge of the Mayans and learn about the history of this important landmark. You will also see the ball game which represents the important ceremony established by the gods themselves. The Astronomical Observatory, also known as "The Snail", and the area of The Church are worth admiring, thanks to their masks from the Mayan classic period.
The second stop of the day is ‘The Place of the Wind’, Cenote Ik Kil. One of the accidents caused by the impact of a meteorite on the Yucatan peninsula was a ring of cenotes on a limestone peninsula full of holes that are connected among them. Ik Kil was an essential place for people to keep active in Chichen Itzá. Nowadays, it's open to the public and for visitors from all around the world. Swimming in the waters of IK Kil is sharing part of an ancient purification in a place that ancient Mayans considered the perpetual dwelling of Chaac, god of the water and rain. Nowadays, it's an official site for world cliff diving and other competitions, due to its 60 meter deep waters.
You will have lunch at the restaurant of the Cenote and then continue to Coba. It takes 1 hour to arrive at a place which is one of the most important cities in the period of glory of the Mayan civilization. With about 50,000 inhabitants at its peak, and a total area of 80 km2, there are many monuments and internal and white paths connecting places. Climb the 42 meter high pyramid and feel the mysticism of the past. The two kilometer tour to the main pyramid can be done by tricycle (a taxi for two with a driver included) or by bicycle on flat paths, to turn this experience into something memorable. You'll head back to your hotel after the tour.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- All activities
- Local guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's Not Included
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
• Dress code is smart casual
• Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
• Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
• It is recommended you bring sports shoes, Ssndals or flip flops, swimsuit, towel, sunglasses, hat, biodegradable sunscreen and mosquito repellent, a camera and Mexican Pesos in cash for expenses and tips