Clare Valley: Wine Region Day Tour with Wine Tasting
- Visit Sevenhills Cellars, a historic Jesuit building built in 1851
- Sample wines from the region's best wineries, such as Hill River Estate, Pikes, and Reillys
- Enjoy a great lunch at a local winery with a glass of wine included
- Learn about the region's history while touring the beautiful landscape
- Discover the heritage listed township of Mintaro established in 1850
Sevenhill Cellars (winery)
Hill River Clare Estate (winery) optional
Skillogalee Valley (winery)
Kilikanoon Wines Cellar Door (winery) optional
The first stop of the day is to Clare Valley’s very first winery, which was built by the Jesuits in 1851. Sevenhills Cellars is a secret site, bursting with spiritual character, a seductive array of wines, and some of the world’s oldest vines which were started with cuttings from the nearby Bungaree Station.
Next, travel along quaint back roads, colorful vineyards, and sprawling farmland as you travel to a selection of the Valley’s most prestigious wineries. Highlights of the day include Hill River Estate, Pikes, Paulett, and Reillys. Choose which winery you’d like to stop at for lunch, and soak up views of the rolling countryside while you eat.
After lunch, visit the historic township of Mintaro, which was established in the mid 1800s as an overnight stop for farmers moving their produce. Later, head west into the Skillogallee Valley to discover the contrast of wines from those in the east, Choose between award-winning wineries such as Kilikanoon, Mitchell, Penna Lane, Eldrege, and Jeanneret for more spectacular tasting sessions.
- Pickup from Clare township
- Tour of Sevenhill Cellars
- Single course lunch at a local winery, including a glass of wine
- Tasting fees
- Extra food and drink
- Afternoon tea
- Children under 18 years