Experience one of the most spectacular train journeys in the world from Christchurch to Arthur's Pass. Meet your guide for a full day of exploration through the South Island's remarkable natural landscapes.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 10 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- Pickup and drop-off are offered from your preferred location in Central Christchurch.
- Small group
- Limited to 11 participants
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
Know before you go
- This is a small group day tour
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Some walking is involved so wear comfortable walking shoes
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Hotspot WiFi is available during this activity
- Lunch is not included