From Christchurch: Half-Day Tour to Mount Cook (1-Way)Product ID: 24345
From $149 per personBook now
- Cast your eyes over the pastoral patchwork fields of the Canterbury Plains
- Be dazzled by the glacial blue of Lake Tekapo and its stunning surroundings
- Take a stroll to the Church of the Good Shepherd and glimpse the views of Lake Tekapo through its altar window
- Be humbled by the towering peaks of Southern Alpine range as you enter Mount Cook National Park
- Tuck into a gourmet feast at Hermitage Hotel before setting off on your next adventure
- Feel the magic of the mountains from a bird's eye perspective in a helicopter ride over Mount Cook
- Surf the net to your heart's content with free wifi on the coach
From the convenient starting point of Christchurch, set out in a wifi-equipped coach across the green patchwork fields of the Canterbury Plains. Lying serenely between the mountains and the ocean, the plains are crisscrossed by rivers and quilted in every shade of green. The first stop will find you at Lake Tekapo, fed by the glacial Godley River, its water is the purest of blues. On its shores lays the solitary Church of the Good Shepherd, worth a visit even if simply to admire the views from the altar window.
The tour will then continue on to Mount Cook National Park, where New Zealand's highest peak resides. Also known by its Maori name of Aoraki (Cloud Piercer), its stands at an incredible 3753 metres tall. The park covers an area of just over 700 km2 and contains all but one of New Zealand's tallest mountains, offering views to amaze and inspire.
The tour concludes here where you can stop for a gourmet lunch at the Hermitage Hotel (additional cost), be swept off your feet with a scenic flight over the Southern Alps in a helicopter, or discover the many walking trails and activities to be enjoyed throughout the region.
- Half-Day Sightseeing Tour (Christchurch to Mount Cook)
- Pick-up from selected inner city hotels in Christchurch
- Knowledgeable local driver/guide
- Free wifi onboard the coach
- Return Journey
- Food and Beverages
- Scenic helicopter or ski plane flight (weather permitting)
118 Bealey Ave (between Colombo St and Durham St intersections), Christchurch. A complimentary pick up service is provided from selected Christchurch hotels. Please contact the tour operator to arrange pick-up times. (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 24345