Christchurch International Antarctic Center Entry Tickets
- Climb aboard for an adrenaline and fun filled ride on the amazing all-terrain amphibious Antarctic vehicle - the Hagglund
- Experience real snow and ice in an indoor polar room, then brace yourself for an Antarctic storm where wind chill plummets temperatures to -18˚C
- Hang out with Little Blue Penguins - birds that have been rescued and cared for, some since they were chicks
- Experience a simulated cruise to Antarctica, with stunning 3D imagery and surprise 4D special effects for a multi-sensory experience
- Get up close and personal with beautiful Husky dogs in the cuddle zone for fluffy Husky cuddles and some cool selfies
- Enjoy the HD movie 'Beyond the Frozen Sunset' that plays on the massive HD screen and featuring breathtaking scenery
- Learn about the climate, wildlife, glaciers, life at Scott Base and all things Antarctic to take your knowledge to the next level
Located conveniently next to Christchurch International Airport, the International Antarctic Centre is open every day of the year from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM. Experience snow and ice, an Antarctic storm, take the polar plunge ice water challenge, learn about life in modern modern-day Antarctica and Scott Base, and hang out with Little Blue Penguins. Try the famously exciting Hagglund ride and an awesome simulated 4D cruise Ice Voyage.
The entry ticket is the closest way to experience Antarctica, without mounting your own expedition. You can also enjoy a personalized commentary on your journey to Antarctica with an audio guide tour available in English, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, Thai, German, French, and Spanish.
- Entry ticket
- Access to Storm Dome, Husky Zone, Antarctica 101, Hagglund rides and 4D shows
- Penguin backstage tour
- Meals and drinks
- Audio guides
- Use of luggage lockers
Prepare for the activity
International Antarctic Centre, 38 Orchard Road, between Memorial Avenue and Wairakei Road, Christchurch, New Zealand. Note that the complimentary shuttle service pick-up and drop off location is outside the Canterbury Museum on Rolleston Avenue.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• The Penguin Express Shuttle is not currenty available. Visitors can easily take public transportation to the attraction
• The attraction is open Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 AM to 4.30 PM
• The Hagglund Ride is not recommended for pregnant visitors or those with heart conditions, back or neck pain. Children under 5 years may ride, at parent’s discretion, and must be accompanied by an adult. Children under 3 are not permitted to ride
• The 4D movies include realistic 3D imagery and 4D special effects of seat movement, water spray, air bursts, and bubbles. Viewer discretion is advised for those suffering from neck or back pain, epilepsy or heart conditions. The show is considered suitable for all ages and parental discretion is recommended for children under 5 years
You might also like...
Product ID: 173709