See the sights of Christchurch by luxury coach on a full-day sightseeing tour. Go to the top of Mt. Cavendish on the Christchurch Gondola. Punt along the River Avon. Visit the glorious Botanic Gardens, and get a ticket for the vintage tram!
What to Expect
Discover the sights and scenic landscapes of Christchurch and its surroundings on a full-day sightseeing tour, and experience 4 of the city’s unique attractions on one ticket!
First, board a luxury coach for a guided tour of Christchurch city center. Discover the best the city has to offer from your on board guide. From the final pick-up point by Canterbury Museum on Rolleston Avenue, transfer to the River Avon for a 30-minute punt. Journey along the river from a unique perspective.
Then, transfer to the seaside village of Sumner, a short distance from the city center. Now a part of the city’s suburbs, it is nevertheless separated from the city center by volcanic hills. Climb aboard the Christchurch Gondola to ascend to the summit of Mt. Cavendish. Enjoy panoramic views of the Alpine scenery as you enjoy lunch in the Red Rock Café.
Return to the city center for a tour of the award-winning Botanic Gardens, founded over 150 years ago. Stroll among old oak trees and dedicated wetlands. See the bedding displays and rose gardens. Before the day is over, you will be given a ticket for the Christchurch tram ticket that is valid for that afternoon and the next day. Explore the city at your own pace aboard the air-conditioned vintage tram.
- Pick-up and drop off at selected hotels
- Transportation by coach
- Ticket for the Christchurch tram
- Ticket and ride on the Christchurch Gondola
- Punting on the River Avon
- Visit to the Botanic Gardens
- Guided city tour
Know Before You Go
• Please notify the local supplier at least 24 hours in advance of any cancellation. If notification is not provided, a 25% cancellation fee will be charged. Please note that any customer who does not show up on the day, without informing the office, will be charged the full price of the tour