Chicago built some of the world’s first skyscrapers, with changing designs and technologies over time. Explore how these major developments came about, with examples from classic buildings to super-tall highrises from 1872 to the present.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 1.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Inside the Chicago Architecture Center, 111 E. Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60601Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Face mask or protective covering
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- This tour is unable to provide secure storage for luggage or strollers
- Unfortunately there are no refunds due to the weather and tours depart rain or shine
- Pets are not allowed, but service animals are welcome