Chicago City Tour: The Historic South Side
From $29 per personBook now
- Journey through the southside of Chicago on our Chicago City Tour: The Historic South Side
- View Jackson Park, home of the 1893 Columbian Exposition
- Drive across the University of Chicago Campus
- Enjoy views of Lake Michigan
It is a tour full of interest and beauty. You will travel through Grant Park, the front lawn of the city, and the site of Soldier Field, Adler Planetarium with its sky dome, and the Joseph Petrillo outdoor band-shell where the locals gather during the summer to listen to music.
The Art Institute of Chicago is a must-see, world-renowned for the world’s largest collection of impressionistic art. Nearby is the Field Museum of Natural History. Looking over from these sights, you will see the 80-story Amoco Oil Building, faced in white granite.
The tour will continue through Jackson Park where the Colombian Exposition of 1893 was held to celebrate the founding of America. The University of Chicago will be the next stop. With its elegant English style architecture, it is the pride of Chicago.
- Hotel pickup and drop off from select downtown hotels
- 2-hour tour
- Professional driver/guide
- Food and drinks
Pickup is available from select downtown Chicago hotels. We will confirm your exact pickup time when you reconfirm your tour. Your tour starts at the Chicago Gray Line Office, located on the Arcade Level of the Palmer House Hotel, 17 East Monroe St., Chicago. (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 8925