Chicago: 2.5-Hour Taste of Chinatown Food Walking Tour
- Taste authentic food from several distinct regions of China
- Marvel at the incredible culture of the Chinese people
- Learn about the vibrant history of Chicago's Chinatown
Start your tour just steps from the iconic Chinatown gate and begin with some yummy dim sum dumplings and a traditional Chinese tea tasting. Next, it will be time for a sweet treat - buttery custard tarts from Chinatown's oldest bakery.
Then, try a unique and delicious spicy meat sandwich from the Xi'an region. Afterward, stroll through the charming Chinatown Square with its ethnic grocery stores and souvenir shops.
Finally, taste a sampling of succulent dry chili chicken, followed by the famous spicy Szechuan hot pot. You'll have traveled all over China but only walked a few blocks on this delicious tour of one of Chicago's most fascinating neighborhoods.
- All food and drinks
- Gratuities for guide (15 to 20 % suggested)
Prepare for the activity
Tour begins outside the Pui Tak Center (2216 S Wentworth Ave, Chicago, IL 60616). The center is located just a block and a half away from the Chinatown stop on the CTA red line. Look for your guide with a local tour operator shirt and paddle.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Please bring an ID
• Wear comfortable clothing/ shoes
• Bring a camera and then enter your best picture in a photo contest on Facebook
• 15 % to 20 % suggested guide gratuity
• Please bring cash, no ATM on-site
• Tours run snow, rain or shine
• While you may register as a solo guest on the tour, there is a 3 person minimum for this particular tour to take place. If this threshold is not met 2-hours before tour time, you will be contacted for a reschedule or possible cancellation of the tour with full refund