Art Institute of Chicago: Fast Pass Ticket
- Skip the general admission lines and walk straight into the museum
- See Impressionist highlights including paintings by Georges Seurat, Renoir and Claude Monet
- Admire iconic masterpieces Pablo Picasso's "The Old Guitarist", Edward Hopper's "Nighthawks", and Grant Wood's "American Gothic"
- Experience a collection spanning 5,000 years, from early Japanese prints and Byzantine art to contemporary American art
Experience the Institute’s vast collection of Impressionist and Post-Impressionist paintings, the largest outside The Louvre in Paris. See masterpieces such as Seurat's "A Sunday Afternoon on La Grand Jatte," Renoir's "Two Sisters (on the Terrace)”, and numerous paintings by Claude Monet first-hand.
In the “Modern Art” collection, see iconic pieces such as Matisse's “Bathers by a River”, Brâncusi's “Golden Bird”, Magritte's “Time Transfixed”, O'Keeffe's “Black Cross, New Mexico”, Orozco's “Zapata”, Ivan Albright's “Picture of Dorian Gray”, and Lachaise's “Woman (Elevation)”.
The “American Art” collection will show you work by renowned artists such as John Singer Sargent, James McNeill Whistler, Mary Cassatt, and Winslow Homer, as well as iconic Modernist holdings from Georgia O'Keeffe to the Mexican muralist Diego Rivera.
In the “Contemporary Art” section, you will see ground-breaking works by Willem de Kooning, Eva Hesse, Jasper Johns, Ellsworth Kelly, Joan Mitchell, Bruce Nauman, Jackson Pollock, Gerhard Richter, and Cy Twombly.
Use your pass to the full and browse the Institute’s other collections, including “European Painting and Sculpture Collection”, “Asian Collection”, “African Collection”, and “Medieval Collections”.
As you walk through the halls, admire the museum’s architecture by Pritzker Prize-winning Renzo Piano, complementing the museum's original 1893 building, which was built for the World's Columbian Exposition of the same year.
- Fast Pass Ticket to the permanent collection and non-ticketed special exhibitions
- Free daily guided tours at noon or 2:00 PM
- Free WiFi
- Free downloadable mobile app to explore the museum and listen to audio tours in English, Spanish, and Mandarin
- JourneyMaker, an interactive digital tool that allows your family to create your own tour of the museum
- Entrance to ticketed special exhibitions
- Handheld audio guides (available for rental at the Institute)
- Food and drink
- Hotel pickup or drop-off
Prepare for the activity
Address: 111 S Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60603, USA. Please pass the admission lines at the Michigan Avenue entrance at 111 S. Michigan or the Modern Wing entrance at 159 E. Monroe and proceed directly to the security desk to present your mobile or printed voucher for entry.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Luggage or large bags
• For safety and security reasons, you will be required to check backpacks and any bags larger than 13 x 17 x 4 inches.
• On Thursday evenings (5pm - 8pm) the Museum is free to Illinois residents, so the Museum can become very crowded.
• A limited number of wheelchairs and strollers are available for free on a first-come, first-serve basis.
• Vouchers are non-transferable and non-refundable.
• The museum is closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day.