Ride to the roof of Thailand on a challenging 12.5-mile bike route up Doi Inthanon Mountain on a full-day tour from Chiang Mai. Then, comes the reward of the longest and smoothest cycling descent in the whole of Thailand!
What to Expect
Ride as high as you can on one of Thailand most challenging cycle routes as you strive to reach the summit of Doi Inthanon and the highest spot in the country.
You will ascend 6,561 feet (2,000 meters) to the top of Doi Inthanon, designated as one of the original 14 national parks of Thailand in 1954. Doi Inthanon spreads from the lowlands, at an altitude of 2,624 feet (800 meters) to its peak at 8,415 feet (2,565 meters), covering many climatic and ecological zones en route.
Offering fresh air and flora unique to this region of Thailand, start your climb from the mid-point, resting on the way at a local market to pick up snacks, such as blackberries and dried fruits only grown on the slopes of Doi Inthanon.
You will gain altitude fast, stopping to rest at a scenic viewpoint before the steepest part of the mountain. Cycle up into the clouds to see beautiful chedis and gardens dedicated to the King and Queen of Thailand. Your last 3 miles are an easy incline along a ridge to the roof of Thailand and summit of Inthanon. Time for a victory photo and a nice coffee in the cool air!
After lunch, cycle downhill at a relaxed pace, rolling down a thrilling 25-mile descent on good quality tarmac roads. There’ll be plenty of opportunities for taking photos, or just marveling at the scenery. And in the unlikely event that your legs fail you, a support vehicle will be following at all times.
- Mountain or road bike rental, with helmet
- Pick-up and drop off in Chiang Mai
- Entrance fee to National Park
- All water and snacks while riding
- Local English-speaking guides
- Accident insurance
- Local taxes and fees associated with inclusions
What's Not Included
- Alcoholic beverages
- Any services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Gratuities for guides
Pick-up at 07:00 in Chiang Mai
Know Before You Go
• You can choose a mountain or road bike for this tour. Please advise your preference at the time of booking (leave bike type in "Remarks for local supplier" section of your booking)