This hiking and biking tour is one of our most popular trips and covers a lot of ground! You'll begin with a 2.5 hour trek through stunning jungle & bamboo forests, followed by a fun afternoon cycling trip in the heart of the Mae Sa valley.
What to Expect
Pick-up from your Chiang Mai hotel and transfer to the Mae Sa valley region (vehicle transfer approximately one hour). Arrive at your starting point on the outskirts of a hill tribe village and start the 2.5 hour hike with a gradual climb past some village houses. You will be surrounded by unspoiled jungle with your experienced guide (and perhaps a few friendly dogs) to lead the way. Because this is a local trail, there’s a chance you will encounter people going about their daily tasks in the area which is always interesting! Throughout the hike, you will come across a variety of flora and fauna, as well as a cabbage farm and another hill-tribe village. Throughout the trek, your friendly local guide will share their knowledge of the area and explain the customs of village life in Northern Thailand.
Stop at a picturesque waterfall to enjoy a picnic lunch of homemade Thai cuisine. After lunch, start your cycling trip from the waterfall riding mostly downhill on a sealed road at first. Turning off the main road you will find yourself riding through village alleyways, rice fields and rural roads of Mae Sa valley; an excellent way to see the local way of life. You will also take a few off-road trails so you’ll definitely be getting off the beaten track! You finish your ride at the Orchid Farm where you can refresh and have a quick browse before the drive back to Chiang Mai.
After a day of exploring the area on two feet then two wheels, you are transferred back to your Chiang Mai accommodation (arrival time approximately 17:30).
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Transportation by covered pick-up truck
- Experienced English speaking tour guide and licensed driver
- Water and snacks
- Mountain-Bikes with 24 gears and front suspension and cycling helmets
- Support vehicle
- Thai picnic lunch
What's Not Included
- Beverages (apart from water which is provided)
- Tips or gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- Other meals
Know Before You Go
• This tour involves 8 km hiking and 30 km cycling so is suitable for participants in a good fitness condition.
• Vegetarian and other dietary needs can be catered for, please advise at time of booking if required.
• Wear suitable outdoor clothing; hiking boots or runners, a hat, sunglasses sunscreen, and insect repellent.
• Not recommended for participants with heart problems or other serious medical conditions.