Experience the lush rainforest and flora and fauna of Northern Thailand near Chiang Mai on a full-day mountain trek. Walk through a pristine forest and meet local hill tribes along the way. Stop for a Thai lunch in the forest or at a local village.
What to Expect
Depart Chiang Mai and travel by covered pickup truck to the start of the trek in the wilds of Northern Thailand in approximately 1 hour. Arrive at the starting point and begin your adventure.
Hike along one of numerous available routes using local trails that can vary depending on the conditions of the day. The versatility of the itinerary will ensure that you experience some of Thailand's most pristine forest up close. Stop for lunch in the lush jungle or at a village, and enjoy a delicious packed lunch of homemade Thai food with fresh fruit.
Stroll through the village after lunch, and then continue your trek through the beautiful forest. Encounter friendly locals and hill tribes and get a glimpse into their everyday lives. Return to the transfer vehicle and drive back to Chiang Mai for an approximate arrival time in the city at 17:00.
- Pick-up and drop off
- Transportation by covered pickup truck
- English-speaking guide and licensed driver
- Water and snacks
- Thai picnic lunch
What's Not Included
- Beverages (apart from water, which is provided)
- Tips or gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- Other meals
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• This tour involves about 10 to 15 kilometers of hiking and is suitable for participants in good physical condition
• Vegetarian and other dietary needs can be catered for. Please advise at time of booking if required
• Wear suitable outdoor clothing, hiking boots or runners, a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and insect repellent
• This activity is not recommended for participants with heart problems or other serious medical conditions