Spend a wonderful day at the Elephant Camp of the Tong Bai Foundation in Mae Win. Meet the grey giants and enjoy a bath with them.
What to Expect
On this day trip to the Elephant Camp of the Tong Bai Foundation in Mae Win, you will get to spend some time up-close with these wonderful animals. Your guide and driver will meet you at your hotel in the morning, and you will then drive through a beautiful landscape to Sanpatong, and onwards to Mae Win.
You will spend most of the day at Mae Win with the elephants of the Tong Bai Foundation. The maximum group size is nine people, so you will have plenty of time with the elephants. During the morning, Tong Bai employees will provide you with information about the foundation and about the situation of the Asian Elephant, which is on the red list of threatened species.
After this, you will be introduced to the elephants and get to know them up-close. Following this introduction you will enjoy a lunch of Thai specialties, before walking with the elephants through the forest to the river, where you will bathe together with them. Afterwards, you will bring the elephants back to their compound. In the afternoon, you will be returned to your hotel in Chiang Mai.
- Round trip transfers by air-conditioned minibus from/to hotels in Chiang Mai
- English-speaking guide
- SIC activities at the Tong Bai Foundation
- Elephant expert from the Tong Bai Foundation
- Drinking water
- 3,000 THB Donation to Tong Bai Elephant Foundation
- Use of farmer's tunic for bathing
- Medical insurance
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
• Please bring a T-shirt, flip-flops or sandals, a bathing suit, sunscreen, insect repellent, camera