Spend the day exploring a scenic valley north of Chiang Mai city; pedal inside bamboo forests, between rice paddies, along irrigation canals and through village neighborhoods. End the ride with a visit to the spectacular temple - Wat Ban Den.
What to Expect
In the morning, pick-up from your Chiang Mai hotel and drive to the base, a local farm house located in the heart of Mae Ngat valley (50 km/ approximately 1 hour vehicle transfer). You will do the bike fitting. The adventure for the day begins with a ride through picturesque countryside where farmers go about their morning routine. Your guide will make stops at various points of interest and give you further insight into local life, and learning about rice agriculture. Return to the farm house for a delicious Thai lunch.
After lunch enjoy more riding, tackling an easy single trail through the forest followed by flat, paved country roads zig-zagging through the valley. You will make a few stops again, including a busy local market. You end your ride at the famous Wat Ban Den temple where you can admire the intricate details of this stunning place of worship.
After a day of exploring this stunning Mae Ngat valley on two wheels, we then transfer you back to your Chiang Mai accommodation (arrival time approximately 17:30).
- Pick up, drop off, and transportation by covered pick-up truck
- Experienced English speaking tour guide and licensed driver
- Water and snacks
- Quality TREK brand mountain bikes with 24 gears and front suspension (models 3900 and 4300) and cycling helmets
- Partial support vehicle
- One meal: Thai lunch with season fruits
What's Not Included
- Other beverages
- Tips/gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- Meals not mentioned
Know Before You Go
• This is a cycling tour, with riding approximately 30 to 40 km, mostly all flat. Suitable for participants in good fitness condition.
• Vegetarian and other dietary needs can be catered for. Please advise at time of booking if required.
• Please wear suitable outdoor clothing and sneakers or runners; please bring sunglasses, sunscreen, and insect repellent. A padded cycling short is recommended and cycling gloves can also be useful.