Explore the "Roof of Thailand" on a 2-day tour of the Doi Inthanon National Park. Marvel at the mountains of the Thanon Thong Chai Range on nature walks and jungle treks. Taste locally grown coffee, visit the villages of the hill tribes and more.
What to Expect
Get stunning views from the "Roof of Thailand" on a thrilling 2-day trek of the Doi Inthanon National Park from Chiang Mai. Marvel at the mountain summits of the Thanon Thong Chai Range and look for indigenous flora and fauna along the way. Spend the night at a hill tribe homestay and learn more about life in the jungle.
Day 1: Trek and Overnight Stay in a Hill Tribe Village (L, D)
Depart Chiang Mai and travel southwest by private vehicle to the entrance of Doi Inthanon National Park. Enter the park and drive to the summit to experience the highest point in Thailand. Take a short nature walk past trees covered in moss on the wooden pathway of the Angka Trail. Look for wild orchids and various bird species along the way. Continue by vehicle to visit the 2 impressive pagodas near the summit. Get breathtaking views of the valley below.
Then, enjoy a delicious Thai lunch at the park headquarters before your afternoon trek. Visit a royal project set up to help the hill tribes adapt to modern agricultural practices. Continue through the jungle on an easy 2 to 2.5-hour trek, admiring the unique flora and many bird species. Relax at a refreshing waterfall before spending the night in a village homestay of the Karen tribe. Feast on a gourmet Thai dinner prepared by your guide.
Day 2: Trek - Vachiratarn Waterfall - Return to Chiang Mai (B, L)
Taste fresh, locally grown coffee at breakfast before driving to another hill tribe village. Trek for 2 to 2.5 hours down the mountain slopes and pass the stunning rice terraces cultivated by the Karen tribe villagers. Next, drive to the refreshing waterfalls of Vachiratarn for a local Thai-style picnic lunch. In the afternoon you are free to relax or go to the Mae Klang waterfall by the entrance to Doi Inthanon National Park. Transfer back to Chiang Mai for a drop off at the airport or your hotel.
- 1 night's accommodation in a basic village homestay
- National Park entrance fees
- 4 meals
- English-speaking trekking guide
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- Transfers from any hotel in Chiang Mai city
What's Not Included
- Gratuities and tips for the guide
- Personal expenses
- Transfer from/to hotels outside Chiang Mai city (subject to additional charge)
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
• All participants should be in good physical condition and able to hike for 2 to 3 hours on an undulating landscape
• The trek is not suitable for children under 10 years old, unless they have previous trekking experience
• Vegetarian and other dietary needs can be catered for. Please advise at time of booking
• Wear suitable outdoor clothing and hiking boots or runners. Bring a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen. A packing list will be provided on booking