St. Thomas Kayak and Sea Turtle Snorkel Tour
From $89 per personBook now
- 4-hour kayaking tour with a naturalist guide
- Small group tour
- Includes all gear and instruction
- Guided snorkeling with guaranteed sightings of multiple sea turtles
- Stop at a top rated beach with chaise lounge chaise, grill/bar & plenty of shade
When you arrive at Lindbergh Bay Beach, friendly staff will help you check in and make sure you are equipped with snorkeling gear, bottled water and and a dry-bag for your belongings you wish to keep dry before starting your kayak lesson. Your guide is a master paddler and instructor, so you will learn the fun and safe and easiest way to paddle your kayak. Once you have learned all the paddling techniques, you'll set out on a kayaking adventure! Your guide, a trained naturalist will lead you on a 45-minute paddle along the bay, and cross over a short channel to a small island off the coast of St. Thomas.
Enjoy the breathtaking views of St. Thomas coastlines, neighboring islands and bays while listening to the commentary from a trained naturalist. You'll have a chance to get photos during breaks in coves with amazing rock formations in the background while learning about the Virgin Island's marine life and rich history. You'll land on a top-rated beach where, after a snorkel lesson, you'll wade out in the bay with your guide to swim with green sea turtles. The calm waters of the bay are perfect for first-time snorkelers. Turtles are guaranteed as well as occasional sightings of some of the following: Sting rays, octopuses, squid and fish.
When it is time to return, your guide will lead you back to Lindbergh Bay Beach where you can wash off in the fresh water showers and say your farewells. Guides will post photos they took of your tour on the provider's page and you may relive your adventure by finding and liking the photos. Typically, group sizes are held to 8 people or less to ensure a quality and personalized adventure.
Please note: Kayaking distance is approximately 1.5 miles each way. As you will kayak in the open sea, parts of the kayaking will be more challenging. This tour is suited towards those that are active, fit and love an adventure!
- All gear and instruction (kayak, paddles, life vest and snorkel gear)
- Bottled water and a snack
- No charge for entry or parking
- Gratuity for your guide (recommended)
Lindbergh Bay Beach. Meet at the main entrance of the beach which is by the public restrooms and showers. If taking a taxi, please tell your driver that you would like to go by the entrance next to Walker's by the Sea Restaurant. Driving directions: Head West on Highway 30 (if coming from town or the East end). You will pass the waterfront and through town first. Look for the signs for the airport, turn LEFT as if you are going to the airport (there is a traffic light, but not a street sign) and you will pass the Emerald Beach Resort which has a yellow entrance, at the next opportunity to enter - turn LEFT (same entrance for the Island Beachcomber Hotel. Take an immediate RIGHT in the parking lot and continue until you reach main entrance of Lindbergh Bay Beach, next to Walkers by the Sea Restaurant. Parking and entrance to the beach are free.
• Age: Minimum 13. All children must be accompanied by an adult
• Not recommended for participants with back problems
• Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
• Maximum participant weight limit for a single kayak is 225 pounds. Maximum participant weight for for tandem (double kayak) is 450 pounds (total for both participants)
• This tour is not available for cruise ship passengers who arrive on ships that are anchored with tender service
• Please note that a 15% gratuity is due on the day of the tour in cash for groups of 5 or more
Product ID: 73497