Join paranormal authors Geordie Buxton and Ed Macy on this unique tour. Get thoroughly spooked as we tell of a series of mysterious hauntings – from orphan poltergeists to a lost cadet inside the old citadel to an angelic reverend, and many more!
What to Expect
"There is only one essential ingredient in a ghost story: death." So say Charlestonians Ed Macy and Geordie Buxton in their introduction to their book about the haunted streets of Charleston.
By rambling through the oft-forgotten enclaves of the Holy City, the paranormal authors bring guests face to face with a group of orphans who haunt a dorm of a Charleston College, a Citadel cadet who haunts a local hotel, and an angelic spirit in a Freedman Methodist graveyard, to name just a few.
We will hear tales of a bookstore phantom, notorious for rearranging books in perfect vertical stacks, and a gruesome 19th century amputation taking place in a medical student’s apartment. This tour is not for the faint-hearted!
Based on historical events and specific details that are often lost in our general notion of ghosts, each haunting encounter will send chills down your spine.
- 90-minute walking tour
- City of Charleston licensed tour guide
Meet at John C. Calhoun Monument in Marion Square Park.
What to Remember
• Discounts available for teachers and students - book the student price when checking out
• This is a walking tour through historical grounds, please wear comfortable shoes
• Cancellations within 24-hours are non-refundable, however, you will be allowed to reschedule your tour date
• Tours run rain or shine. If supplier cancels due to inclement weather you will be offered a refund or can reschedule your tour.