Let yourself be amazed by Kuelap, the ancient fortress in the sky. One of the largest ruins in the Americas, the site combines the heights of the Andes with the greenery of the Amazon rainforest and is sure to amaze.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 8 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, Spanish
- Pickup optional
- Pickup is available from hotels in Chachapoyas city. Please provide the local partner with you hotel name and address prior to the tour and wait in the hotel lobby at least 5 minutes prior to the scheduled pickup time.
Select participants and date
Please meet the local guide at the front door of Iglesia Catedral de Chachapoyas, Jiron Amazonas, Chachapoyas.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Hiking shoes
- Rain gear
- Comfortable clothes
Know before you go
- At the moment visit inside Kuelap Fortress is Closed, visits are made only from Outside
- It’s recommended to spend one night in Chachapoyas city prior to the tour
- If traveling from Lima, you can take a 1h 40 min flight to Jaén and from Jaén travel 4 hours by bus to Chachapoyas
- The bus transfer from Jaén to Chachapoyas can be requested directly after booking
- The cable car is subject to operation control and maintenance (usually not available on Mondays). If not available, the group will walk to Kuelap Fortress
- Please bring cash in the local currency as some small stores only accept cash