Take a 2-day journey from Prague to visit the southern Bohemian towns of Ceský Krumlov and České Budějovice. Stay overnight at an exclusive 4-star hotel, experience the food and culture, and see the city castles, churches, and UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
What to Expect
Explore the Southern Bohemian Region of the Czech Republic on a 2-day tour from Prague. Enjoy a ride through the countryside, stopping for a short while in the area's capital city of České Budějovice, before continuing on to your ultimate destination, Česky Krumlov.
The town of Česky Krumlov, picturesquely situated above the meandering valley along the upper Vltava River in Southern Bohemia, has won a reputation in many countries of the world. More than 300 historic buildings, dominated by a huge castle and the Church of St. Vitus, bear witness to the city's rich past. In 1992, the town's historic center was added to the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Day 1: Prague - České Budějovice - Česky Krumlov (Meals: L)
Begin travel to Southern Bohemia and arrive in its capital city, České Budějovice. Here you will see its historic square, lined with Renaissance and Baroque houses and dominated by the Black Tower, before continuing through the countryside filled with many forests and ponds. Arrive in Česky Krumlov, where you will visit the castle and continue to the old center of town for lunch. Afterward, you will be transported to your accommodations at a 4-star hotel, and will have the opportunity to spend the evening at your leisure.
Day 2: Česky Krumlov - Prague (Meals: B)
After breakfast at your hotel, the day is yours to spend freely. Consider walking through the town to do shopping, or stopping off in its gardens. The city is also home to many museums and galleries, and you may choose to spend time exploring these, or visiting other architectural monuments. At 16:00, your transportation will pick you up and you will begin the return journey to Prague.
- Hotel pick-up service from Prague hotels (upon request)
- Lunch on the first day
- Admission to Ceský Krulmov Castle
- Bed and breakfast at a 4-star hotel
- Return transfer to Prague
What's Not Included
- Additional activities not mentioned
- Meals not mentioned
Know Before You Go
• The return departure to Prague on the second day is at approximately 16:00.
• Ceský Krumlov Castle is closed from 01 November to 31 March, and on Mondays.
• Adults paying for the double room price must be with a companion. Adults on their own must choose the single room option. If 3 people book, there is a small number of triple rooms available.
• Special Notes: A child under 2 years accompanied by 2 adults is free.
• On the 29th of October, the chateau in Cesky Krumlov closed.