Dive at the only place in the world where the elusive thresher shark can be seen every day, Malapascua Island. Marvel at these glorious creatures on an early morning dive for AOW Divers only.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 20 hours - 3 days
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Tagalog, English
- Pickup optional
- Your location in Cebu or Mactan. Optional add-on for pickup from Moalboal or Santander.
Select participants and date
You will need to stay on Malapascua Island the night before (Not in Cebu) as it is not possible to get there this early in the morning. Please contact us directly in advance to find out exact departure time as this varies day to day, it is usually between 5am and 6am. Please come and see us the day before to do paperwork and sort equipment. If you are not able to do this contact us to make alternate arrangements.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Diving certification
Know before you go
- This program is only for Advanced Open Water Divers
- This is an advanced dive, and so if you have not done many dives and/or have not dived recently, you may need to do a check-dive or refresher the day before
- Malapascua Island is 5–6 hours away from Cebu City and Mactan. Please choose one of the Cebu/Mactan pickup and drop-off options if you are staying in these regions
- For the options without pickup and drop-off, you must stay on the island the night before the dive as it is at 5 AM
- Diving time could change depending on weather conditions. Please check-in at the dive shop on arrival the day before to confirm the dive time, and also to register and sort equipment
- This tour will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Taking a flight within 24 hours after diving is not recommended