Caye Caulker: Hol Chan Marine Reserve Small-Group Tour
- Snorkel at Hol Chan Marine Reserve, part of the second-largest barrier reef in the world
- Marvel at an abundance of marine life and corals
- Swim with sharks, stingrays, turtles, and more
- Benefit from small groups up to 12 people and a professional tour guide
- Get GoPro coverage of your underwater adventure
Meet your group at the meeting point on Caye Caulker island, then take a 30-minute boat ride along the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef to the Hol Chan Marine Reserve. Hol Chan has been a marine reserve since May 2, 1987, and covers almost 7 square miles (18 square kilometers). Some areas are only about 5 feet (around 1.5 meters) deep, while the channel is about 30 feet (just over 9 meters) deep.
Once at the reserve, choose whether to observe the abundant marine life from the boat or take the adrenaline rush of jumping in and exploring the amazing underwater world. If snorkeling, keep on the lookout for brain coral, star coral, sharks, stingrays, turtles, pufferfish, eels, parrotfish, angel fish, barracuda, and even the seasonal manatee.
Spend around 45 minutes exploring the vast variety of fish species at the first site. Follow this with the opportunity to snorkel with sharks and stingrays in Shark Ray Alley, then enjoy snorkeling with the majestic sea turtle. At the end of the tour, head back to the peaceful island of Caye Caulker where you began.
- Professional tour guide
- Fruit, snacks, and lunch
- Water and refreshments
- Snorkeling equipment
- Entrance fees
- Underwater pictures
- WiFi onboard
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Pregnant women
- People with back problems
- People with heart problems
Prepare for the activity
Meet your group at the local partner office's at Playa Asuncion, Caye Caulker. It's the only pink shop located on the beach heading north from the water taxis. Please arrive 10 minutes before the activity starts.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Change of clothes
- Biodegradable sunscreen
- Luggage or large bags
• The tour will take place rain or shine.
• The tour may be canceled if the winds are too strong. In this case, you will be offered the option to reschedule or receive a full refund.
• GoPro pictures will be sent to your email within 3 days after the tour.