Indulge in fine Sicilian food after trekking through the valleys and forests of the Valle del Bove on the side of Mount Etna. Explore lava caves, taste local honey and enjoy wine fortified by hot volcanic soils.
What to Expect
Enjoy a half-day trekking adventure on Europe's tallest active volcano, starting with a 4WD drive by Land Rover on off-road trails. Then, walk along wooded paths all the way up to the immense Valle del Bove. Marvel at the valley, carved out of the eastern side of Mount Etna.
See breathtaking landscapes as you visit the bowels of Mount Etna, and learn about its evolution from inside lava caves. Enjoy a relaxing walk through the unique volcanic landscape, where you will walk past old lava flows and ancient forests to peer into some of the 300 inactive craters.
End your tour of the lunar landscape with a typical Sicilian picnic of "tavola calda,” served with volcanic wines. Then, visit a honey house in Zafferana to taste the distinctive local honeys and other honey-based products.
- This is Etna membership fee
- Insurance for the day
- Lunch, including wines and local delicacies
- Honey tasting
- Walking shoes or coat (if required)
What's Not Included
- Extra fuel charge for pick–up or drop off outside of Catania
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes or boots for this active excursion. This is Etna can provide you with trekking shoes and coats at no extra charge. Sandals or flip flops are not suitable for this tour
• In summer, sunscreen, light clothes and a sweatshirt or a light coat are suggested
• In winter, clothing and footwear for harsh weather including rain and snow are necessary
• At the time of booking, please notify of any special dietary requirements