Visit 3 cellars of the Penedès region on a full-day wine and cava tasting tour from Barcelona. Discover the world of Catalonia’s sparking wine, and taste still and sparkling wines from one of Spain’s most productive regions.
What to Expect
Take the Catalunya Bus Turístic on a journey to discover some of Catalonia's most iconic wineries in the Penedès region. Immerse yourself in a world of wine and cava, and learn how the different varieties are produced. You will even get to sample them for yourself with visits to 3 separate wineries.
Catalunya is one of Spain's most prominent wine producing areas, boasting 11 appellations of origin. Vines have been grown in the region for more than 2,000 years. Today Catalonia is Spain's biggest producer of wine with appellation of origin, with a production rate of 380 million bottles per year, including sparkling cava, which accounts for half of this production.
Go on this full-day tour to discover this iconic world at close quarters, with visits to the vineyards, cellars and tasting rooms of the Jean Leon Winery, Bodegues Torres, and Cave Freixenet.
The excursion includes round-trip transportation from central Barcelona in a comfortable coach, and you can purchase an audioguide in 10 different languages to help you learn more about the region and its wine.
- Guided tour and tasting of different wines at Jean Leon Winery
- Guided tour and combined tasting (cheeses and wines) at Bodegues Torres
- Guided tour, tasting of different cavas and brunch at Caves Freixenet
What's Not Included
- Audioguide in Catalan, Spanish, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Portuguese and Russian. The audioguide is valid for all 3 routes and can be purchased for EUR 5
Know Before You Go
• The tour departs at 08:30 from Plaça Catalunya (in front of El Corte Inglés). Passengers should arrive 20 minutes before the coach departs. You will be back in Barcelona by 16:15 (Plaça Catalunya)