Planning Your Visit
Best time to go
If you want to avoid waiting for hours, your best bet is to book your tour in advance and skip the ticket line. Failing that, arriving 30 minutes to an hour before it opens (Tuesdays to Sundays from 10:00AM to 8:00PM) will cut the wait significantly.
How long does it take?
A good (legal!) tour of the Catacombs should take two to three hours.
What to wear
The chances of getting dirty are high, so dress down and wear comfortable shoes. Rest assured that there'll be at least six million people down there looking worse than you do!
Good to know
- When should I visit?
- Tuesday to Sunday, 10:00 AM-8:30 PM
Holiday hours may vary
- Is it expensive?
- €10 entry for the Catacombs and the exhibition, which can be combined with entry to the crypt for €15 altogether.
- Will I need a guide?
- It will definitely help. It's worth checking out our best-selling tours.
- How to get there
- Denfert-Rochereau, accessible on metro line 2 as well as RER B, is the nearest station.
- Additional information
- *Wear good walking shoes, but fancy clothing is not recommended!
*Last entry is at 7:00PM
Other Sightseeing Options in Paris Catacombs
Want to discover all there is to do in Paris Catacombs? Click here for a full list.