Discover the immense underground cemetery excavated by the Christians of Rome from the 3rd to the 5th century AD. Learn about the tragic persecution of Christians by Roman emperors with a guide.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 40 minutes
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, French, Italian, German, Spanish
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
You can reach the Catacombs with public transportation from Termini (bus 714) and from the Colosseum (bus 118) Please arrive 5 minutes before the activity starts.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Baby strollers
- Luggage or large bags
- Pets (assistance dogs allowed)
- Unaccompanied minors
Know before you go
- You will climb 50 irregular steps to reach the floor of the galleries. There is no elevator.
- GetYourGuide customers can benefit from discounts at the Catacombs bookshop from 5% to 10% based on the product (with a minimum purchase of 10€)
- The tour might not start during bad weather conditions