Explore the classic ruined castle established during the 9th century and built with fortified stone walls. Marvel at the wonderful panoramic views over the hills of the Serra De Sintra.
About this ticket
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Valid 1 day
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Instant confirmation
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Castle of the Moors. To get to Castle of the Moors by car or public transportation. • If driving to Sintra, take the IC19 (from Lisbon), IC30 (from Mafra) or EN9 (turning off the A5 motorway to Cascais). When you arrive in the town’s historic centre, you’ll see a vertical sign showing the way to the Moorish Castle (3.5 km). GPS Coordinates 38º 47’ 24.25” N 9º 23’ 21.47” W. • By public transport from Lisbon to Sintra. By train (CP) take the Sintra Line. Departure stations: Estação do Oriente, Estação do Rossio, Estação de Entrecampos. • By public transport from Sintra to Castle of the Moors. By bus (Scotturb). Sintra Station, Pena Circuit From Sintra, take Scotturb bus No. 434, which runs from the railway station to the Moorish Castle.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Please note the last admission is at 5:00 PM.
- Tickets are valid until 31st December 2020.
- Castle of the Moors is located in Sintra, about 30 kilometers from Lisbon. You can reach Sintra easily by taking the train from Lisbon.
- There is an online booking fee added to the ticket price.
- Standard opening hours: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM. Last admission 5:00 PM
- Parques de Sintra seasonal opening hours: December 24-25 and Jan 1 - closed all day. December 31 and January 2-3: 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM, last admission at midday.