Walk With Lions in Mauritius Safari & Bird Park
From $138 per personBook now
Pick-up serviceHotel pick-up is available for an additional charge. Please contact Mauritius Attractions up to 48 hours in advance for details. Pick-up payment should be made directly to the driver on the day of the tour.
- Indulge your wild side and walk with lions on the banks of the Riviere du Rempart
- Learn about the lion conservation program at Mauritius Safari & Bird Park
- Pet and interact with the lords of the jungle, freely roaming over rocks and up trees
- Explore the Mauritius Bird Park on your own and see rare native pink pigeons
- See mighty cheetahs and tiger
Located on the banks of the Riviere du Rempart, upon arrival you will go by special safari bus to the lions' reserve, where you will meet lions, tigers, and cheetahs. The safari team will brief you with a short chat on the safety measures you will need during your adventure. Spend some time getting to know your lions under the coolness of the trees. View the free-roaming lions up close, playing on the rocks of the river bank and climbing up trees.
Then, start your walk under the supervision of the lion handlers. Experience first-hand what it feels like to stroll alongside them. You will even get to pet them. Discover how the lions interact, and how they feed. After your walk, refreshments will be served, followed by an explanation of the Safari Park’s lion reproduction and conservation program.
You are then free to explore the rest of the Safari Park on your own, with magnificent views of the west coast of Mauritius. Visit the Bird Park, home to 150 species of birds from 5 continents, including the lovely native long-necked pink pigeons, which until recently were threatened with extinction. Go to the Petting Farm, and get access to the park’s other facilities, such as the children’s corner, and sumptuous Mauritian food in the park’s fabulous restaurant.
- Entrance to Mauritius Safari and Bird Park
- 1-hour walk with lions
Meet at Mauritius Safari Park. On arrival, show your printed voucher and receive a detailed map of the park, indicating where you should go for your walk with the lions. (Open in Google Maps)
• Walking with lions encounters are only available for participants aged 15 and above
• In order to take part in this activity you must be at least 4.9 feet (1.50 meters) tall
• Duration of the entire visit to the park is 3-5 hours
• Duration of the walking with lions activity is about 1 hour
• The price for the entrance is valid until 1st December, 2014. For later bookings, a new price list will be applicable
Product ID: 27042