Take a 2.5-hour walking tour of Cardiff, and discover locations in the Welsh capital used in the hit TV series “Doctor Who.” Learn how the city was utilized for intergalactic purposes, and how it was transformed to become New York, Pompeii and more.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Learn how Cardiff has been transformed into 1970's New York, ancient Pompeii, London and Paris as well intergalactic locations
- See more than 20 Doctor Who filming locations used in the show since 2005
- Stand where Clara speaks on her mobile phone to the Doctor (Matt Smith) in Deep Breath
- Gratuities (optional)
Customers must book this activity online because the ticket office is closed
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Cardiff Castle entrance, Castle StreetOpen in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Please note that the locations on the walking tour are exclusive to this tour. For those interested, 3-hour Doctor Who Cardiff Bus Tour (departing at 2 pm on the same day as this tour from Cardiff Bay) is a complementary activity and visits other locations around the Welsh capital.