Discover the Château and ramparts of Carcassonne. Walk along the galleries, the fortified walls, and the ramparts. Explore the archaeological museum with your self-guided ticket.
About this ticket
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Valid 1 day
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
Select participants and date
Chateau et Remparts de la Cite de Carcassonne 1, rue Viollet-le-Duc 11000 Carcassonne. Please note that this attraction closes at 4:00 PM on 24th December and 31st December.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
Know before you go
- Last admission 45 minutes before closing time
- The Ramparts will also be closed on the July 14 due to fireworks
- Please note that this attraction closes at 4:00 PM on December 24 and 31
- A leaflet in French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Japanese, Chinese, Russian or Polish is included
- Number of floors visited during the tour: 2
- Monument accessible to people with limited mobility (Barbican and main courtyard) The site holds a 'Tourism and Disability label
- Admission is free for those under 18 and visitors under 26 with EU ID, subject to booking a time slot on the Carcassonne website
- To have access to the monument free of charge, visitors under 18 years of age or EU citizens under 26 must show a photo ID with a picture at the ticketing station first before going to the entrance of the monument