Discover the Château and ramparts of Carcassone: see a 12-minute film combining 3-D images and close-up footage; walk along the galleries, the fortified walls and the ramparts; explore the archaeological museum and many other attractions.
About this ticket
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Valid 1 day
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
Select participants and date
Chateau et Remparts de la Cite de Carcassonne 1, rue Viollet-le-Duc 11000 Carcassonne. Please note that this attraction closes at 4:00 PM on 24th December and 31st December.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
Know before you go
- Last admission 45 minutes before closing time
- Closed January 1, May 1, and December 25
- The Ramparts will also be closed on the July 14 due to fireworks
- Please note that this attraction closes at 4:00 PM on December 24 and 31
- A leaflet in French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Japanese, Chinese, Russian or Polish is included
- Number of floors visited during the tour: 2
- Monument accessible to people with limited mobility (Barbican and main courtyard) The site holds a 'Tourism and Disability' label
- Entrance is free for under 18s and visitors who are under 26 with EU ID, subject to reserving a timeslot on the Castle and Ramparts of Carcassonne website