Discover the Château and ramparts of Carcassonne. Walk along the galleries, the fortified walls, and the ramparts. Explore the archaeological museum with your self-guided ticket.
About this ticket
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Valid 1 day
- Check availability to see starting times.
Select participants and date
Chateau et Remparts de la Cite de Carcassonne 1, rue Viollet-le-Duc 11000 Carcassonne. Please note that this attraction closes at 4:00 PM on 24th December and 31st December.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
Know before you go
- Opening hours: Apr 1st to Sep 30th: 10h-18h15 (Last access to château: 17h; Last access to ramparts: 17h45) - Oct 1st to Mar 31st: 9h30-16h45(Last entrance to château: 3:45 pm; Last access to ramparts: 4:15 pm)
- Closed January 1st, May 1st and December 25th
- The Ramparts will be closed on July 14 due to fireworks
- This attraction closes at 4:00 PM on December 24th and 31st
- 2 floors visited during the tour
- Monument is accessible to people with limited mobility (Barbican and main courtyard)
- Admission is free for those under 18 and visitors under 26 with EU ID(booking a time slot on the Carcassonne website) upon presentation of a photo ID with a picture at the ticketing station first before going to the entrance of the monument
- A late-entry ticket is available on the spot at a special rate
- Free entrance: The first Sunday of January, February, March, November and December and during European Heritage Days (3rd weekend of September each year)