You will head over to the Amalfi Coast where you will have the opportunity to stop and swim, visit various villages and experience the beauty of this unique coastline.
What to Expect
The captain will pick you up in Capri at the tourist port and cruise across the Bay of Naples and into the Gulf of Salerno, towards the Amalfi Coast. You will see the private villas and coves of Sorrento on one side and the island of Capri on the other side with Naples and Mt. Vesuvius behind you. The views are spectacular.
You will see:
- Nerano: A small fishing village on the Amalfi Coast and home of the "Blue Flag" which is awarded to various beaches under strict criteria, signifying and boasting high quality and cleanliness of the sea.
- Positano: The view of Positano from the sea is one of the most famous views in the world. Cruise along the coastline and pass the world-renowned 5 star San Pietro Hotel, small hidden coves and beaches where you can stop for a swim off the boat if you would like.
- Furore: Here you will pass a wonderful little turquoise fjord with a bridge where a diving competition is held every year. It is also the location where Roberto Rossellini filmed "Amore" beside Anna Magnani.
- Amalfi: The most famous town on the Amalfi Coast, a bustling village with a beautiful cathedral dedicated to St. Andrew and home to lovely hotels, shops, restaurants and a historic paper mill/ museum which produces organic paper.
One of the best parts about chartering a boat is that the captain is a local of the area.
Although he is not a tour guide, feel free to ask him about the coastline and he will be more than happy to offer some information about what you are seeing as well as insider tips regarding the best things to do. This will allow you to experience the Amalfi Coast through the eyes of a local rather than a tourist.
The service is simple and high quality so relax on the sundeck, enjoy the views, stop to swim in the various bays and enjoy local snacks and beverages that are provided on board.
The captain can stop at any of the above villages so that if preferred, you can have the opportunity to visit them at your leisure. I also suggest stopping for a seaside lunch, as this is a culinary paradise of Italy, serving fresh seafood, pasta and more. Your captain or I can provide you with some delicious restaurant suggestions where the boat can pull directly up.
- Captain/ crew
- A variety of beverages
What's Not Included
- Lunch at a local, seaside restaurant
- Captain/ crew gratuity
Know Before You Go
• Please include where you are staying and working contact numbers when you book. The tour operator will call you the day before the excursion so this is extremely important
• This is a private boat excursion on a speedboat. All speedboats are equipped with a cushioned sundeck, shaded seating area, restroom, a cabin that is comfortable for changing, fresh water outdoor shower and a fridge stocked with beverages