This full-day hike starts at the Cable-way, walking across the top of Table Mountain to Maclears Beacon and then down to Constantia Nek taking about 5 hours. From there you will be taken to 2 Constantia Wine Estates for some exceptional Wine Tasting!
What to Expect
After experiencing an exhilarating cable way ride up Table Mountain with the 360-degree views from the rotating cable car, you will be ready to embark on your hike across Table Mountain.
The walk across the top of Table Mountain to Maclears Beacon is relatively flat. Maclears Beacon is the highest point on Table Mountain. From this vantage point you will be able to see the whole of the City of Cape Town, Robben Island, and further outwards towards the suburbs. Here you will rest and enjoy some snacks and enjoy the spectacular scenery. From Maclears there is a gradual descent to Constantia Nek with incredbile views across to the Constantia Valley and its award winning Wine Estates. Along this route you'll stop and have a scrumptious South African picnic lunch. The descent is approximately 8 kilometers and will take about 5 hours.
On arriving at Constantia Nek you will be transported to 2 wine estates in the Constantia Valley. You will be able to explore the beautiful grounds of these wine estates, dating back to the 17th Century and taste some of their award winning wines! Don't forget to buy a few bottles to take home!
- One-way Cable-way ticket to the top of Table Mountain
- Snacks and water
- A scrumptious picnic lunch
- Tasting at 2 Wine Estates in the Constantia Valley
- The services of your experienced guide
- Transport to and from your accommodation in Cape Town
What's Not Included
- Any bottles of wine or food bought at the Wine Estates
Know Before You Go
- This route can also be done in reverse or be added to another sightseeing activity (e.g. Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens)
- This full day hike is suitable for most levels of fitness and ranging in age from 8 to 80 years old!